Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Healed





I've been thinking and praying for all of the women who have had abortions. You are many.  In Christ, may you know grace and mercy; may you know peace and forgiveness.
I pray that you will not be overwhelmed by a burden of sorrow. I pray that you will not be haunted by a past that is already gone; by actions that are already forgiven in Christ.

"So if the Son sets free, you will be free indeed," (John 8:36).


I pray that you will find trusted friends who will walk with you through this journey of repentance and faith. I pray that you will find renewed strength and courage for the days and times that your soul is overwhelmed with sadness. I pray that you will know unrelenting joy in the face of internal accusations, and that you will be reminded of this beautiful word from our Lord:

"So if the Son sets free, you will be free indeed," (John 8:36).

And I've been thinking and praying for all the men whose wives or girlfriends have had abortions. You are many.  For some, your counsel and urging has led to the abortion.  In Christ, may you know the same grace and mercy, the same peace and forgiveness that are found at the cross.  

"So if the Son sets free, you will be free indeed," (John 8:36).

For others, your loss is a great loss, as fatherhood slipped away from you and you are heart-broken. I pray that you, too, will know the peace of God that passes understanding.  I pray that your forgiving heart will lead others to faith in Christ- the One who said:

“…He has sent me to heal the broken-hearted..."  (Luke 4:18)

Hillsong sings:  "Man of Sorrows" ~ 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlOJ5o8W4Lw

No comments:

Post a Comment