Saturday, December 13, 2014

Unhindered Light

It’s raining now; beautiful, gentle rain. The sun is pushing its way through, creating ribbons of white-edged clouds with silver-gray linings. A glorious day, to be sure and one I am so thankful to be a part of; one wherein the glory of the Lord cannot be hidden. Droplets hang on the bare branches of a December afternoon. Not wishing to let go just yet, they carry the sun’s ray as though it were a treasure to be captured and enjoyed. Just so, I am captivated by the powerful light of the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. I am filled with a longing that won’t let go; a longing for others to know the tidings of comfort and joy that Christ brings; the tidings of Christmas. 

I was reminded, today, of Amy Carmichael’s words:
Love through me love of God
Make me like Thy clear air
Through which unhindered colours pass
As though it were not there.

"Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works,
 and glorify your Father who is in heaven.” 
(Matthew 5:16)

1 comment: