Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Waltzing

Mom and I have been waltzing lately; waltzing through the corridors of time.  Dancing, instead of sitting; we choose to pay attention to the old Acadian tunes. Pulling weeds instead of planting sorrow; we choose to inhale the lovely fragrances.  Reading stories to one another, instead of watching television; we choose to remember those good old days.  Laughing instead of crying; we choose to rejoice in having this time together. 

I always wanted to know how to waltz; and now I can.  Not with my feet; and not to a certain beat- but to the cadence of Mom’s life.  It is such a bittersweet season, where we find ourselves.  I’m hoping we will be dancing for quite some time to come, because I have so much to learn and Mom has so much more of life to live.


I need to learn about leaning on Jesus; when overwhelmed with uncertainty or with a-not-yet-realized sadness.  I want to learn to dance to a different melody; because the musician, the Great Musician, is playing an unfamiliar song.  I long to learn more of Mom’s secret – how to live life to the fullest; how to dance the night away.  I must learn how to love her well; sharing Christ in the daily steps of this waltz of life.  

"Mom, may I have this dance?"


"Pursue love..."
(1 Corinthians 14:1a)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Francine, I know the steps all too well. I waltzed my mom to heaven's gate. Bittersweet but no regrets. Love and prayers for you and mom!

    ReplyDelete