Tuesday, July 15, 2014

A Brief Beauty

Flowers.  They seem to last but a short time.  
A wonderful burst of colour, displaying God’s beauteous creation.  
They can emanate such a glorious cornucopia of smells.  Planting and tending them, though ‘tis a brief beauty, is a worthwhile endeavour.  Could my life be thus?
Planting the word of God deep into my heart; tending the garden of my soul 
so that the beauty of Christ may be seen in me; ever so brief that my life may be.



An old hymn:
Let the beauty of Jesus be seen in me,
All His wonderful passion and purity.
May His Spirit divine all my being refine
Let the beauty of Jesus be seen in me.

For we are a fragrance of Christ to God
among those who are being saved
and among those who are perishing
(2 Corinthians 2:16)

No comments:

Post a Comment