Monday, March 27, 2017

Holding up the Train




A few months ago, I got a phone call from my brother, Pierre. It was fairly early in the morning so I thought it a bit strange to hear from him, at that time of day, since we normally caught up with each other late at night.

He started off with some innocuous conversation & then said: "I have some news." I replied: "Does it start with 'H?' He said: "How did you know?" 

I said: "I didn't; but I have been praying about you and Heather for some time now." How amazing is our God- answering a prayer that neither my brother nor my newest sister-in-law knew anything about.

Friends, the right spouse is truly worth waiting for, no matter what, (or who), may come your way.  Pierre and Heather both lost their spouses in the past few years; spouses whom they loved.  This marriage diminishes none of the former loves.  On the contrary- the joys and sorrows, the mountain peaks and the valleys- have shaped them both and I have no doubt that their life together will be to the glory of God.  With so much love to give, they are a perfect complement to one another, and to those whom they will serve in the coming days.

"Lord, may You continue to shape them in Your image; may their marriage be a wonderful reflection of Your love for Your bride, the church. Amen." 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJsx3GtXgxI

No comments:

Post a Comment