Monday, August 25, 2014

A life shot through with glory... there's no life like it


The mercy and kindness of God- they know no end.  How else to explain the cross?  How else to explain why an innocent man would die so that others, his enemies, might have life.  Not just some ordinary, hum-drum, boring, profoundly empty, bitter existence.  Life in Christ is not some stoic, I’ll-get-through-this-somehow kind of life. No, it is a life that is shot through with glory; even in the midst of great pain and suffering.  A life that overflows into the lives of others- demonstrating love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.  A life that already has been seated in heavenly places, in Christ Jesus.  Being in Christ- there’s no life like it.  I would not trade a nano-second of my life in Christ, with anything the world may have to offer.  Yes, even when I am misunderstood; even when I am mocked; even when my uncertain feelings do not catch up with the reality of the depth of the gospel. 

“And this is life eternal.  That they may know Thee, the only true God
And Jesus Christ whom Thou hast sent.”

(John 17:3)

No comments:

Post a Comment